7LMD Leadership and Management Development
- June 13, 2020
- Posted by: Harry King
- Category: CIPD Level 7
The 7LMP Leading, Managing, and Developing People is a CIPD module that aims to equip learners with a rigorous framework of knowledge, skills, and understanding regarding the management and development of employees. This module comes with several distinct learning objectives that must be met for the successful completion of the unit.
What is the Purpose and Aim of this Module?
The purpose and aim of this module are to familiarize learners with contemporary research evidence on employment. It also seeks to equip learners with effective approaches to human resource and learning and development (L&D) practices.
The research mainly focuses on the connection between employee management practices and positive organizational outcomes. The study will also highlight the contemporary changes and developments in HR practice.
Another purpose of this module is that it introduces learners to the major debates about theory and practice in the specific areas of leadership, flexibility, and change of management. The purpose of this debate is for learners to become effective and efficient managers and HR specialists. It will also enable them to manage others justly and effectively while improving their level of engagement, motivation, commitment, and performance.
The module will also introduce learners to the primary goals of HR and L&D while exploring how these goals are attained in practice in various types of company set-up. Finally, it allows learners to critically reflect on practice and theory from an ethical and professional standpoint while providing opportunities for applied learning and continuous professional and career development.
Who is suitable for this module?
Not everyone is suitable for Leading, Managing, and Developing People module. As such, the following are legible to enroll in this module. Those who:
- Have responsibility for human resource (HR) decision making within a company or organization at their operational, tactical, or a more strategic level.
- Are HR professionals in a team or HR functional management role and are seeking to enhance and develop their career.
- Have responsibilities for the HR function and activities within a company or organization without a specialist function.
- Are independent or employed as consultants and support organizations in attaining their goals.
- Have HR career or CIPD professional membership aspirations.
What are the Learning Outcomes of this Module?
Once learners complete this module, learners should be able to:
- Review, assess, and critically evaluate the primary modern research and debates in the areas of human resource management as well as human resource development.
- Evaluate the main theories relating to motivation, engagement, and commitment at work and how they are put into practice by companies and organizations.
- Debate and critically assess the characteristics of effective leadership and methods used to develop leaders in organizations.
- Contribute to the promotion of flexible working and effective change of management in organizations.
- Critically discuss the purpose, aim, and objectives of the HRM and HRD function in organizations and how they are met in practice.
- Assess the contribution made by HRM and HRD specialists in the various types of departments and organizations.
- Promote and enhance professionalism and an ethical approach to HRM and HRD practice in organizations.
What is the Assessment Criteria?
Learners are assessed through different methods to make sure that all the learning outcomes are achieved in a way that improves their learning experience. The assessment allows the candidates to illustrate a clear grasp of the knowledge, concepts, and the ability to link theory and practice.
Moreover, it allows the learners to demonstrate whether they can communicate in the HR field at the appropriate level.
For this module, Leading, Managing, and Developing People (7LMP), formative, and preparative assessment is used for unseen assessments. Candidates must sit for 3 hours time-constrained under controlled conditions. The evaluation for all learning outcomes must be through a summative assessment.
So, if you are in HR and what to enhance your professional skills at a strategic level, or aspire to become a Chartered Member of the CIPD, then enrolling and completing this module is compulsory. Upon completion of this module, you will not only enhance your ability to develop and implement various HR solutions but be in a position to stirring the organization’s performance to new levels.